Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Optimist Yachting and Kayaking Reflection

Optimist YachtingDSCF1740.JPG

Dear Diary, (Day One)
Today was my first day at optimist yachting and kayaking  and I had  a blast! It was so much fun kayaking, like when we had to fight against the current, we went under the bridge. Yachting was also super fun because it was cool when we got to play the game, “grabbing  the most wooden blocks.” That was super super fun, although we only got four blocks.

Optimist Yachting:
For the first day of Optimist yachting I went in a yacht with Nikitah and we went in a yellow one.  In the yacht,. Nikitah was in charge of the Mainsheet, (that is the rope that controls the sail) I was in charge of the Tiller, (that is the metal pole that controls the yacht  to move around.) Once we got in the water, my heart was pumping hard out because I was so scared of capsizing. I had never EVER gone optimist yachting in my whole life, so I was pretty scared.

But at the end it turned out to be quite fun. While we were coming back to shore, I put my foot in the water and it felt like my foot was in a humongous pond filled with giant blocks of ice cubes. I thought my foot was going to freeze.


Kayaking:
Since it was my first  time Kayaking Mrs Hill put me in a Kayak with Ethan because she said he had “The Muscles.”  I said, “OK”.  Once we got out into the water, I started enjoying it because we went under a big bridge while I was trying to fight against the current with all my strength. When we went under the bridge and passed it, it was calm and peaceful.  Then we went under another small bridge and then we joined up,turned around and headed back to shore. It was pretty fun and exciting.


Dear Diary, (Day Two)
Today seemed more fun than yesterday and for me it felt like I improved heaps on yachting   plus it felt easier kayaking and yachting when i feel  like I improved  quite a lot.


Optimist Yachting:
Today at yachting I was already wet because we went kayaking first so the bottom part of me was wet including my bottom only because when we paddle the water splashes on us and to add on that the boys also started to swish water on me and in my head I was like “ Really boys really i’m already soaking” but it was in my head and if I actually say it I would say it in a joking type way.


Kayaking:
Today I got to go in a double kayak with Nikitah.J and she sat in the front and I sat in the back but this time it was even harder because the current was like on FIRE! It was so so  strong it took me and Nikitah more than five minutes just to get past the current. At that point it was hard to go past the current but it was fun working together  and trying our best.



Dear Diary, (Day Three)
Today was incredibly  windy so we got three choices, either we got to Yacht ,Kayak or just watch. I chose watching, but also kayaking. Today at Kayaking,  something terrifying happened to me , something I will never EVER forget.


Optimist Yachting:
At Yachting today I was not in one because for me it seemed really windy. The waves were powerful. Plus I am not a very good yachter. But since I was  watching, I got to watch all the yachters and kayakers. The most fun part was when we got to watch some people capsize and stand up on the kayaks while paddling.



Kayaking:
At Kayaking today I went in a kayak twice and they were both with Janine but on the second kayak the really bad bad thing happened to me. So the all starts when Janine and I were going to the side shoreAHHH! Janine we are going to crash into that yacht…Screech! Phew! luckily you turned us around so now we are heading to the side shore Yay! Left,Right,left,right ok we are nearly here we just have to turn around…. AHHHHHHH! Janine  we are tilting…… images (10).jpg at that exact moment we capsized and that was when everything blacked out and i started to stop breathing that was the very bad bad thing had happened I was trapped inside the kayak while it was in the water tipped upside down and i was in there trapped not breathing trying to shout help,trying to push the kayak off me with all my power and strength  but it was to heavy and my head was hurting so much from all the weight of the double kayak just coming  straight on to my head. I was in under there for quite a long time trying to get out until I just felt like giving up when Janine saw my hands splashing and thats when she realized that I was trapped under there and thats when she  pulled up the kayak with all her power  and at that point Nikitah saw me and came running and splashing shouting “ OMG Nikita’s Under there and she was trapped!” just when she reached me she pulled me out and dragged me to shore but not in a painful way.
Once I reached shore I sat on a rock and started crying and shivering that was one moment in my life which I will never forget it was like moment in my life where I thought I will die. After  a little cry I went to go and get dressed I was still scared, shocked and sad and while I was going to the changing rooms lots of the kids and adults came to help me but only when I was on shore they did not know that I was trapped until Nikitah pulled me into shore. I was scared but at least I am safe now.


Dear Diary ( Day Four),
Today I only did Kayaking but with a Parent because of what happened yesterday and I was still a bit scared and shocked. But it was a nice and fun day.


Optimist Yachting:
Today was  windy as well as yesterday but  it wasn't really windy. So since what happened to me the day before but at least  I got to watch everyone yacht as well as playing on the playground with Leilani.


Kayaking:
At kayaking today I went in a kayak with an adult called Murray (he is a guy) but since I was with a Parent I felt safer and calmer. Once we went out into the water I started to tremble a bit but then I felt normal even though I was with a parent and the current was not that strong I was still very cautious.


Dear Diary (Day Five),
Today  was the last day of Optimist Yachting and I did not go yachting again but I went Kayaking again with a parent.

Optimist Yachting:
When everyone was yachting I got to watch again  while playing on the playground and it was fun and cool how I got to see every fun moment like when someone capsizes for fun or get tipped over.

Kayaking:
Today again kayak with a parent and she was a girl and she was so nice. Today was such a low tide that when we went under the bridge  I could see the bottom.


The End .





















No comments:

Post a Comment